Playing and creating is fun! That is why I offer so many spiritual services and classes
, such as Spiritual Counseling
and Intuitive Guidance
as well as Angel Readings
and Tarot Cards Readings
to help you to have more fun in your life, playing in many different areas of your life with many different things!
When I first learned about Kefir grains, I was not sure what I was letting myself in for! Then I found out that you could mix Kefir grains with milk and create delicious, nutritious products! I now use Milk Kefir grains daily, and I love playing with it and showing people all the ways they can be used to get the best out of them!
One of those recipes which I can continuously asked about is Milk Kefir Cottage Cheese! So today I am going to share this with you along with one or two other products!
So firstly with Cottage Cheese. You are going to need:
• Two liters of Milk Kefir.
1. Put kefir into a large non-enamel pot on a low heat and let the Milk Kefir come to a gradual boil.
2. Once it has boiled up, reduce the heat and let the pot stand for approx.. 3-5 minutes.
3. After this time, you start to see the separation of the buttermilk and the cottage cheese grains. The Cottage cheese will float to the top of the pot.
4. Let the pot cool down and strain the entire product through a sieve or a cheesecloth. Your Cottage cheese will be in your sieve/cheesecloth.
5. Turn out your cottage cheese into a bowl or mold and leave to set.
With the leftover buttermilk, it can be used for making pancakes or in cosmetology! It is also a fantastic remedy if you have a nasty cough that you can’t get rid of.
1. Take a ½ glass of buttermilk.
2. Add a pinch to a teaspoon of baking soda.
3. Mix it and warm it slightly.
4. Drink twice a day.
5. Voila! Bye-bye cough!
After you have made your cottage cheese above, you can now go about making your Cheese! For this you will need:
• 1 kg of cottage cheese
• 1 liter of milk
• 100 gr of butter
• One egg
• One teaspoon of salt
• One teaspoon of and baking soda.
1. Put milk into a non-enameled pot and bring it to a gradual simmer. Do not let it come to a boil.
2. Add cottage cheese there, then gently stir it and make it curdle.
3. Strain the reduced cottage cheese into a cheesecloth and let it stream down.
4. Melt your butter and combine it with your salt and baking soda.
5. Put all your Cottage cheese back and add your butter mix.
6. Bring to a boil for about 10 minutes. After this, reduce and take from the heat.
7. Then mix this with a beaten egg into a light form.
8. Put this form into a fridge to set.
Milk Kefir Pancakes
I’ve already mentioned about using the Milk Kefir grain buttermilk. Here is how you use milk kefir to make pancakes!
• One glass of flour
• One glass of milk Kefir
• 1/2 of a teaspoon of salt
• 1/2 of a teaspoon of baking soda
• One teaspoon of sugar
• Three tablespoons of olive or sunflower oil. (For frying).
1. Mix all the ingredients, except for oil. The texture of the dough should be similar to the milk Kefir texture.
2. Using Oil in Pan and bring to heat. Fry pancakes on this.
Sour cream has so many uses and what better way to improve it than to combine it with Kefir grains. It is so simple to make! Instead of using milk, put your Kefir Grains into the cream with 35% fattiness.
Once it is ready, the Sour Cream will have a very thick texture. To separate the Kefir grains, gently strain the sour cream through the strainer and where needed, using the wooden spoon to push the remaining sour cream through the strainer.
This is just a sample of what you can cook with Kefir grains, and I love all of these! Keep following this blog for more recipes shortly by subscribing to my newsletter!
written with love by Maria Sidorova
Please review my Disclaimer for Health and Wellness Blog, as discussed on this website.
How do you love playing with Milk Kefir Recipes?
Please share in a comment below.